26 January 2008

burrito of providence

At about 7:05pm tonight I hit up the drive-thru of a local mexican food haven I frequent from time to time. The order was simple: a ham breakfast burrito. The price was even simpler: $3.33. The situation turned sour however as I realized right before it was my turn to pay that in my wallet I had only three dollar bills and a twenty.

I sat in a catatonic stupor for about 3.33 seconds: I really didn't want to break the twenty.

THEN, like a flash of inspiration I reached down into my almost forgotten car spare change compartment and there they were: two dimes, two nickels, and three shiny pennies. I probably would've sat there for another 3.33 minutes and reveled in the moment except there was a car behind me that was filled with guys who looked hungrier than I was.

A few minutes later, I happily exited the drive-thru with a burrito containing enough calories to power the starting lineup of the L.A. Clippers, and a empty change cup. And people say the days of miracles are past...

No comments: