20 March 2008

bracketology

Its March Madness, and thanks to my buddy Ian, I am in full swing this year. The only problem is every year I get roped into submitting a bracket for the Big Dance, without fail, it tanks within the first half of the first round, and of course I don't even have the morale to check up on how I am doing after all of the teams I thought would make it to the Final Four get upset in the Sweet Sixteen. It's really pathetic. Basically, what this whole mess comes down to is that I just really stink at guessing.

But not this year! No sir, this year I actually did some research on the teams that I picked. I looked at the numbers for the last 10 or so games of each of the team's seasons, checked a few injury reports, read up on some analysis on ESPN Sports, and of course consulted a my tarot card reading rubber chicken for some advice, and then put together a really solid bracket. I must say it is a work of art, especially if you are a UNC fan.

Then, just in case I was completely off, I made a different bracket called "What IF?" This bracket is essentially my pick of what would happen in BYU took the whole tournament. I don't know a single person who really thinks this will happen, but I wanted to see if by some strange miracle, I could predict BYU's greatest basketball season finish ever.

The funny thing is that at the time this post is being published my real bracket has already missed one pick out of five. My "What IF?" bracket.... still perfect.

So, I pose this question to all you who dare read this blog post within the first few hours of March Madness 2008:

What if ????

2 comments:

Mr. Walker said...

Here's one: What If BYU actually made it past the 1st round for a change?? That obviously is too hard of a feat to acomplish for our guys, but maybe, maybe some day...

Lohra said...

Yeah...posted too soon...posted too soon.