22 August 2008

Holy Amazingness!

All I have to say is wow. I'm really glad that Microsoft has finally delivered on a really super idea with lots of practical applications. Lets hope that it only takes a few years to take hold.

First, a little background on the previous statement. For those of you who are not familiar, TED Talks are pretty much one of the premier prophetic voices in the world of technology. If you want to keep up with the emerging developments, read lots of blogs, and watch videos from the annual TED conference.

Below is a link to a really cool one about a tool called Seadragon that has been developed with some help from Microsoft and holds some amazing potential. The other application that is discussed after it is pretty cool too, but is no way as exciting to me.

Check it out:
Seadragon/Photosynth TED Talk

I have only one suggestion for immediate application: restaurant menus. Trust me, it will be big someday. Maybe I will blog this "consumer prophecy" later.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Okay, I must admit that I am not quite as excited as this technological advancement as you are, but way cool all the same. But on another exciting note... I ate at In-and-Out for the first time last week!!! I ordered a #3 animal style and felt like I was joining some exclusive society. Awesome burger, awesome shake, ok fries.