05 November 2008

props

I just wanted to write a few congratulations to a few folks.

Props to America.
I don't care who you voted for. Yesterday was an exciting historic event that was impressive to experience. I thought the president-elect delivered a fantastic speech that highlighted some of the dramatic changes that his presidency will come to symbolize. I still claim that he has yet to earn my vote and I'll hold him to what he promises, but I am increasingly and hopefully optimistic. If you haven't read or seen Sen. Obama's speech from last night (I personally think its more inspiring to watch)...you should repent.

Props to California.
I'm glad Prop 8 passed. I still would have been proud to call CA my home state even if it wouldn't have, but I am prouder yet to see that a majority of her voters still care to express their support of a traditional marriage. However, the battle over moral values continues to deepen. Lets keep truckin.

Props to my roommate Sam.
Samiste registered to vote almost a month and a half ago. He didn't receive his absentee ballot until Monday afternoon. The deadline for the ballot to be sent to the LA County Registrar was Tuesday 8pm. Sam overnighted his ballot to ensure his vote was cast and counted. I'm glad he was willing to pay a little more than 42 cents to participate in the democratic process.

Props to my Pops.
Dad got pretty involved this election to campaign for the marriage amendment. My parents have always been a model of good citizenship, but I was glad Dad chose to put in the extra effort to push hard for something he believes in. More important than a ballot measure passing...his character passed.

1 comment:

Ravid said...

Congrats to all Californians! I'm happy for you guys. As long as this country votes against changing the true definition of marriage, I'll feel fairly good about where we are as a country. :-)
Rachael