04 March 2009

Breakthrough

Most of you know that I am into family history. Something awesome happened in the last few days that I am completely stoked about:

I crossed the Atlantic!

(Well, more precisely, my great-great-grandparents did back in the 1860's)

But I finally traced a few of them back to England before they did and now am rocking the proverbial family tree with some serious genealogical research. You have no idea, I actually had how to use the olde microfiche records (which of course I taught myself since all the FHL folks had gone home at 10:30pm and I was dying to take a look at some old parish records).

So yeah, I am a happy camper in late-industrial Lancashire for the time being.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Holly-O said...

yay! that is exciting. i want to start doing family history stuff.. just have to figure out when i can schedule it in so that i can make it a monthly/bi-weekly thing! :)

robinly said...

FREAK YES! Most excellent work B Walker. And I have a complete idea of what work that is...7 hours today in the Salt Lake library...yeah, only I was in Civil War records. Anyway, my family comes from Cheshire, just to the south of your people! Happiness!