04 January 2009

08' was great, and 09' will be divine

So 2008 was one of my best years ever. I did a ton of cool stuff, met even more cool people, and have had an overall great year. Here are some of the highlights:

Great Walker Moments of 2008
  • I started this blog
  • I re-booted my academic life
  • Got accepted to grad school
  • Bryan and Kristin got matrimonial
  • Presented at two academic conferences
  • Organized and ran an international educational conference
  • Climbed Timp and Nebo
  • Moved thrice in a two block radius
  • Hiked my first slot canyon
  • Ian Prescott went on a date (and a few 2nds too!)
  • All my missionaries started coming home and running into me at BYU
  • Worked at the CTL
  • Dan and Delight's 50th Anniversary!! Complete with family temple trip
  • Skyler convinced Rachel to say yes
  • Gaverino got accepted to law school
  • Tobias Sandler was birthed
  • Mitt Romney took a good shot for president
  • All 5 of the Walker Clan now proudly sport BYU diplomas
  • I met 'grandfather goat'
  • Summer lunch excursions
  • Temples visited: L.A., Jordan, SLC, Reno, Provo, Timpanogas, Mesa and Manti
  • Davey K made it okay
  • Retired...again
  • Hung holiday lights and cured my vertigo
  • Dinner dates with my sis's
  • Moni got home from NY and gave the coolest homecoming talk ever
  • Nertz nights with the gang
  • Prop 8 passed
  • Pie shakes at Sammy's
  • and tons more...
If you haven't noticed, most if not all of these included one or more of you. So thanks for a great year. 2008 simply rocked. Feel free to add any more cool moments on the comments.

Now commences 2009. I'm pretty excited for it. Do me a favor and jot down a few prophecies for Walker's 2009 Moments of Greatness. Then we will make them happen!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

You forgot to mention that you became the godfather of one of the cutest kids ever!

Mr. Walker said...

Ah, so I did! Relay my kind apologies to Cardston, and also my hearty congratulations on his recent increase in mobility. :)

bryan said...

Ahhhh, I'm glad to a part of a few of those great '08 moments. Prophesies for 2009: a great deal of sleep, an interesting summer vacation, a good relationship with a female. Whether they be prophesies or goals, I think those things are worth persuing. I'm also in the process of resurrecting my backpacking career, so pehaps this summer I'll try to round up a few old friends to make a trip. Should be good.

Mel said...

Pie shakes at Sammy's! I'm not sure if Dennis Quaid evading dozens of well trained terrorists makes the list, but it was still a good summer. Brian Walker is the man.

Jessica Peterson said...

souNds like you Had a gReaT 2008! May 2009 be beTTeR! =)